Check out this link.
ESV Free Bible Apps
|Burnside Presbyterian Church||
The ESV Study Bible is now available as a free app for iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle.
Check out this link.
ESV Free Bible Apps
Issued on Wednesday 1st April 2015
Prayer requests from Presbyterian Mission in Ireland personnel and Home Mission congregations.
Moderator – Rt Rev Michael Barry
· Pray for the Moderator as he speaks at the Deaconess Association Communion Service on Friday, 3rd April; Rasharkin Presbyterian Church on Sunday morning, 5th April; and First Lisburn Presbyterian Church on Sunday evening, 5th April.
· Pray too for his visit to the PCI Holiday at the Share Centre in Enniskillen on Wednesday, 8th April.
Doreen Draffin – Deaconess serving in Whitehouse and N. Ireland Hospice
· During Holy Week, Whitehouse congregation is exploring, “Footsteps to the Feast”. Each evening a different organisation is presenting a creative inspiring Bible focus on Jesus’ journey to the Cross. Pray that many from all ages will attend, to interact and to be challenged.
· Doreen will share at the Community Dawn Service on Easter Sunday commencing at 6.30am, at Hazelbank Park, Newtownabbey. Pray for the Holy Spirit’s enabling for such a glorious victorious celebration.
· Pray for the rebuild of the Northern Ireland Hospice. Give thanks that the work is going well.
· Remember the patients and staff in the Hospice at the temporary accommodation at Whiteabbey Hospital.
· Pray for the weekly prayer service which Doreen leads each Thursday for both inpatients and day patients at the Hospice.
Jenny Robinson – Deaconess serving in South Belfast Friendship House
· Give thanks for a dedicated staff and volunteer team in Friendship House. Pray that there will always be adequate volunteers to help to run the programmes.
· Give thanks for the continued success of Messy Church which is held monthly, in cooperation with St Aidan’s Church of Ireland.
· Pray for Eunice Moore, the Senior Project worker at Friendship House who broke her arm in two places just before Christmas. Pray that she will soon be back working amongst the people who love and miss her.
· Pray that the staff and volunteers at Friendship House will never lose sight of their true mission, that is being where the people are, and that Friendship House will continue to be an effective and authentic witness to Jesus Christ in the Sandy Row community.
Philip Houston – Community Outreach Worker serving in Rathcoole, Newtownabbey
· Pray for the upcoming Easter outreach services in particular Easter Sunday evening during which the congregation will be showing the 'My Hope' DVD.
· Pray also for Christianity Explored course which they are running in a local community centre from 16th April.
· The congregation has recently started running Messy Church once a month which has proved popular so far. Pray that Messy church and all these evangelistic efforts will bear fruit.
Donald Patton – Healthcare, Prisons and Forces Chaplaincy
· Give thanks that in this increasingly secular age there are opportunities to offer structured Christian ministry in chaplaincy settings.
· Pray for hospital and prison staff who are coping each day with stresses, and for the chaplains as they show care to them.
· Pray for healthcare chaplains as they face a wide variety of challenges and how to respond to them – accident, terminal illness, families and many other factors in people’s lives.
· Remember families of forces personnel worried for their safety in dangerous postings.
· Remember personnel who are trying to settle into civilian life after years of service in the Forces, and that their church communities may be welcoming and caring places for them.
Aughentaine Presbyterian Church – Rev Alan Moore
· Pray for Aughentaine’s Easter outreach. The congregation is part of a group distributing over 700 copies of John's Gospel and Billy Graham's The Cross DVD to all houses in the town and local area. Pray that people will read and watch the material and grow in their faith or come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.
· Seek God's help in prayer for a new After School Club that the congregation have been asked to run in a local primary school. Pray for strength and stamina as people share God's word with young children in a fun environment. May the seed of God's truth grow deep in young hearts!
· Pray also for the congregation’s new Parents and Toddlers group starting after Easter. Pray for relationships to grow and new ones to be formed, and for the opportunity to share the Gospel with others.
· Give thanks and praise for the congregation of Aughentaine. Pray that they would grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and become more like Him, and that through this Easter time, and always, they would be faithful witnesses of His grace and gospel.
Donegal & Stranorlar Presbyterian Church – Rev Stephen Richmond
· Pray for the special Easter week services held in both congregations. Pray that the power of the Gospel would touch hearts and minds and lives.
· The congregation is currently organising a mission team to go to Galana in Kenya in the summer. Pray for all the plans and preparation. Pray that the trip would have a big impact on all involved.
· In May, there is to be a same sex marriage referendum in the Republic of Ireland. Stephen has spent the last couple of weeks trying to prepare the congregations in how to respond. Remember this entire issue in your prayers. Pray that believers will be courageous to speak out and that the fundamental nature of marriage will not be changed.
Lisbellaw, Lisnaskea, Maguiresbridge & Newtownbutler Presbyterian Churches – Rev Rodney Beacom
· Pray for the congregations of Lisbellaw, Lisnaskea, Maguiresbridge and Newtownbutler as they embark on the process of electing new elders.
· Pray for Biblical wisdom for the congregation through preaching and teaching on the eldership, and that through prayer and God's providence Biblical, Christ-centred, Gospel-focused elders would be raised up for the glory of Christ's Kingdom.
International Meeting Point, Belfast
· Praise God, another Iranian came to Christ after the morning service in Windsor Presbyterian Church on Sunday (29th March).