Issued on Wednesday 14th October 2015
Prayer requests from Presbyterian Mission in Ireland personnel and Home and Urban Mission congregations.
Moderator – Rt Rev Dr Ian McNie
Over the next week, the Moderator’s engagements include: a congregational dinner and book launch on Friday evening (16th) at First Larne Presbyterian Church; morning services in Glennan and Ballyalbany Presbyterian churches, and the evening service in First Larne Presbyterian Church, on Sunday (18th).
· Pray for the Moderator as he undertakes these engagements, and that he will encourage all those he speaks to.
Joanne Dunlop – Deaconess serving in Antrim and Craigavon Hospitals
· Give thanks for the warm welcome Joanne has received from the staff at Antrim and Craigavon hospitals on her return to chaplaincy work after maternity leave. Joanne writes, “It is wonderful to feel part of the teams on the wards once again.”
· Pray for ongoing opportunities to share the love and hope of Jesus with patients and staff, with the Lord's wisdom to know when to speak and when not to speak.
· Pray also for all the staff in the acute hospitals as they enter the particularly busy winter season; for encouragement and energy when pressure can mount on resources.
· Above all, pray that the Lord is at the centre of all the chaplaincy work.
Evelyn White – Deaconess serving in First Lisburn Presbyterian Church
· Praise God for His faithfulness - giving all that is needed for each situation.
· Pray that Evelyn will be given wisdom and guidance from God to speak His words into people’s lives.
· Pray for direction for the congregation as they seek to use their newly renovated church building to reach out into the community in the name of Jesus.
Stephen Young – Community Outreach Worker serving in Brookside Presbyterian Church
· Pray for the ongoing work of the Brook café as they try to reach the lost of Ahoghill through a Friday morning outreach.
· Pray for the Ahoghill food bank - a joint outreach by Brookside, Trinity and First Ahoghill Presbyterian churches. Pray that this outreach would show the love of Jesus and that more people would realise their greatest need is to know the Lord.
Rev Jim Lamont - Chaplain serving in Letterkenny General Hospital and Donegal Hospice
· Pray that God will guide the members of the chaplaincy team in their ministry as they meet with patients and their families in the hospital and hospice, in what can be traumatic situations.
· Give thanks for the annual hospice remembrance service which was held on 27th September. Pray that those present received comfort and strength, that they will know that God is always with them, and that they are able to cope with their deep sorrow.
· Continue to pray for the patients and staff in the hospice, and for those patients who are nursed in their own homes.
· Pray for all the members of staff in the hospital as they seek to be a caring community for all who need compassion, help and healing.
· Pray for the many patients, some who have to travel long distances two or three times a week, to receive dialysis. Pray for the members of staff in the dialysis unit, that they will be given the strength to cope with the pressure of their work.
Craigavon Presbyterian Church – Rev Lachlan Webster
· Pray for ‘Friday Club’ for primary aged children which started its new term last Friday, (9th October). Lachlan writes, “Prayers have been answered and we have a number of new leaders this year.” Pray that the team will gel quickly, and that God will bless and empower them as they share Jesus with the boys and girls who come along each Friday.
· Pray for the leaders of ‘Superstars’ (Sunday School) as they begin to prepare for their first nativity play in many years. Ask that God will bless their efforts and that this will provide the congregation with many evangelistic opportunities over the Christmas period.
Douglas Presbyterian Church – Rev David Reid
· Pray for the life and witness of the home mission congregation of Douglas.
· Pray for the minister, elders and members of the congregation.
Kilkenny Presbyterian Church – Rev Daniel Reyes Martin
· Pray for church leaders and Kilkenny congregation to be encouraged and protected when under attack from the devil.
· Pray for the church to have a shared vision, and for many Christians to be fruitful in their frontline.
· Pray for new believers to keep growing; for those who have lost their faith to return to the Lord; and for Christians to grow closer to Christ and never lose their first love.
· Pray for Tom (Irish Mission Worker) and his team doing outreach every week: door to door, outreach at a market-stand, and the Identity evangelistic course.
· Pray for Andras (youth worker), youth club and a new venture to help young people to know Christ deeper.