Read Monday’s Blog Here
Read Tuesday’s Blog Here
Beside The Burn
A short devotional video each day, this week we begin a new series following the Acts of The Holy Spirit as we prepare to meet around the Lord’s Table on Sunday.
Let’s Pray For Volker and Jinhyeog Glissmann (global mission workers, South Africa) The Glissmanns ask that we continue praying for the many victims of Cyclone Freddy and for the Malawian government working to restore services.
Pakistan Pray for Salma Andrew, Principal of the United Bible Training Centre (UBTC) in Gujranwala and for UBTC’s discipling and training programmes preparing Christian women for service in the church.
The Coronation Bible will be presented to The King during the Coronation service.
Three identical copies have been made: one will be given to The King, and the other two will be placed in the archives of Westminster Abbey and Oxford University Press.
Open Doors - World Watch List
Open Doors has updated the World Watch List. The list of countries where it is most dangerous to be a Christian in 2023.
The full list can be found here
This week the focus is on Pakistan the 7th most dangerous country in the world to be a Christian. Read about it here https://www.opendoorsuk.org/persecution/world-watch-list/pakistan/
Christian Unions Ireland
The prayer points for this week.
Pray for small group leaders in Coleraine who have been meeting monthly to be equipped as leaders and Christians in this cultural moment. On 26th April, small group leaders will be meeting to reflect and consider how small groups have created community and belonging for students on campus. Pray that these leaders would feel invested in, cared for, and be able to pour that out on others.
Pray for the handover and future of the Queen’s CU International small group, that the group will continue to grow and that they will be able to integrate more into CU life.
Watch the video below from the Bible Society and
READ MORE HERE
5 ways to pray for Sudan
- The situation is a struggle for power. Pray that the military and the RSF will concede to peaceful talks rather than fighting.
- Sudan has made some positive moves towards religious freedom in recent years. Please pray that the outcome of any conflict will lead to greater freedom and not a return to authoritarian rule.
- In times of darkness and conflict the church can have a powerful witness. Pray that the followers of Jesus in Sudan will continue to be a voice of peace and hope.
- Those who convert to Christianity face enormous pressures to give up. Please pray that believers will not lose heart and will really experience the presence of God.
- Open Doors local church partners support persecuted Christians in Sudan through discipleship training, economic empowerment and helping them to prepare for persecution. Pray for safety and energy for our local church partners as they seek to bring hope and support to Christians at this time.
The times for yesterday’s Jigsaw
Play the "Edinburgh Wednesday" puzzle!